4 replies, 2 voices Last updated by MUTigerFan 4 years, 1 months ago
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

MUTigerFan
      Participant
      @MUTigerFan

I have told my church about the church’s website not being secure for live streaming of church services. The website is always shown in emails as http or just the website address but not https. The church has never responded to this issue and some people I have talked to have said they did not know it was not secure. I view in Safari so I get the “not secure” message at the top of the webpage. I enjoy the live stream but I am reluctant to watch the service on this website. I noticed if you intend to give money it goes to Pushpay which is secure. Is it safe to watch the church live stream on my iPad?

Komando Community
      Participant
      @KomandoCommunity

If you are submitting any personal (name, address, phone, email, passwords) or payment information into a form on the unsecured site, then the data could be compromised. You mentioned there was an option to donate, but that it did redirect to a secured website. If you are not submitting any data on the unsecured site and the stream itself is not intended to remain private, then you should be OK.

MUTigerFan
      Participant
      @MUTigerFan

I am not submitting personal information, only watching the church live stream service. It is a stream that is not intended to remain private so I should be ok. Thank you so much for your response.

MUTigerFan
      Participant
      @MUTigerFan

UPDATE: I went to the church’s website and clicked on sermons. I was directed to a secure website, Vimeo.com, which included prior live worship services to watch, along with live streaming of the next Sunday’s worship service. I was able to watch the prior weeks’s worship service on a secure website. To give, you are directed to a secure website, Pushpay, to contribute to the church. My concerns are addressed since you are directed to secure websites for watching the church service and giving to the church. However, I will not be using Pushpay to give to the church. I will only be watching the church’s worship service.

MUTigerFan
      Participant
      @MUTigerFan

UPDATE: I went to the church’s website and clicked on sermons. I was directed to a secure website, Vimeo.com, which included prior live worship services to watch, along with live streaming of the next Sunday’s worship service. I was able to watch the prior weeks’s worship service on a secure website. To give, you are directed to a secure website, Pushpay, to contribute to the church. My concerns are addressed since you are directed to secure websites for watching the church service and giving to the church. However, I will not be using Pushpay to give to the church. I will only be watching the church’s worship service.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be a Komando Community member to reply to this post. Sign up or log in.