How do I become a Komando Community member?
Joining is easy! Simply visit the Membership Levels page to select your plan. Our customer service team can also sign you up over the phone. To reach them, call 1-800-KOMANDO (566-2636) from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Arizona time, Monday through Friday (excluding major holidays).
How do I log into my Komando Community account?
From the Komando Community
If you’re not currently logged in, you’ll see two buttons to the top right of your screen from any page within the Komando Community: “Join” and “Login.” Select “Login” and enter the username or email address and password you created at signup.
In the header, to the top right, you’ll see a “Sign in” button next to the yellow “Join the Community” button. Tap or click “Sign in” and enter your username or email address and password.
If you have trouble logging in, please call our customer service team at 1-800-KOMANDO (566-2636) or fill out our customer service form.
I’m on a fixed income. Is there any way I can get a discount on my membership?
We offer a discounted rate on annual memberships for seniors (ages 50 and above) and service personnel (U.S. military, police or fire professions).
- New members: To receive this discount, click the yellow button on the checkout page that says, “Claim special service personnel/senior annual discount.”
- Current members: To apply this discount to your membership, please call us to update your account at 1-800-KOMANDO (566-2636).
Please note: If you’re receiving our seniors and service personnel discount and are found not to qualify for this special rate, your Komando Community membership will revert to the full price of the membership plan you’ve selected without notice, and no refunds will be given.
If you don’t qualify for this discount, there are two ways to get a free membership:
- Participate in the Komando Refer-a-Friend Program. When you refer friends and family to Kim’s free digital newsletters and they sign up successfully, you earn great prizes. Click here to start earning.
- Become a moderator for the Komando Community or The Kim Komando Show Facebook Group. You can apply here.
How do I renew my membership?
Your membership will renew automatically at the monthly or yearly rate you selected at purchase. If your payment card has expired or is no longer valid, please update your billing information by logging in to your Komando Community account and following the steps below:
- Hover over your profile photo in the top right.
- Click “My Membership” at the bottom, just above the yellow “Logout” button.
- From the “Membership Account” page, select “Update Billing Info.”
- On the next screen, you can update your billing information, including credit or debit card number, billing address, and email address.
You can also call to update your payment card information by calling our customer service team at 1-800-KOMANDO (566-2636).
How do I cancel my membership?
We are unable to process membership cancellations online or through email due to potential security risks. As a result, you may request a cancellation over the phone or by postal mail only.
- By phone: Call 1-800-KOMANDO (566-2636) Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Arizona time (excluding major holidays).
- By mail: Send a letter with your account details and cancellation request to Komando Community, c/o Customer Care, 6135 N. 7th St., Phoenix, AZ 85014.
Managing your account
If I have a Techie membership, can I upgrade to Pro (or vice-versa)?
Yes – you can change your membership level at any time. To do so, simply visit your Komando Community account page and click “Change” below your current membership level.
- If you’re upgrading your Techie membership to a Pro membership, your membership will be prorated and you will only be charged the difference in price.
- If you’re downgrading your Pro membership to a Techie membership, you will not receive a refund on your Pro membership if you become a Techie before the expiration of your Pro membership plan.
I’m 49. Will I automatically receive the seniors and service personnel discount when I turn 50?
No – we don’t ask for your birth date at signup, so we have no way to know when to apply this discount to your membership. As soon as you qualify, please call us at 1-800-KOMANDO (566-2636), and we’ll apply the seniors and service personnel discount to your current membership.
How can I change or reset my password?
To update your password: From any page on the Komando Community, hover over your profile photo in the top right of the screen, mouse over “Settings,” and select “General.” This will take you to the “General” section of your profile. You can also tap or click here if you’re already logged in.
To reset your password: From any Komando Community login area, click “Forgot password?” and follow the steps. You’ll then receive an email with a reset link.
How do I change my display name?
From within the Komando Community, hover over your profile photo in the top right of the screen, mouse over “Profile,” then select “Edit.” The field marked “Name (required)” is where you can update your display name. Once you’ve made changes here, click the blue “Save Changes” button at the very bottom of the page.
Can I update my Komando Community account with my new email address?
Absolutely! To change the email address associated with your Komando Community account, log in to the Komando Community and access your profile by tapping or clicking your profile photo in the top right. From your profile screen, click the three horizontal dots just below your cover photo and select “Settings” from the dropdown menu. On this page, you can update your email address.
I moved and my billing address is different. How do I change it on my Komando Community account?
Log in to the Komando Community account, mouse over your profile photo in the top right of the screen, and select “My Membership” from the dropdown menu. On the next page, click “Update Billing Info.” From here, you can update any billing information, including payment card number, billing address and email address.
How do I update my privacy settings?
You can show as little or as much about yourself as you want. Log in and go to your profile by clicking the “My Profile” menu item on the left, then “Edit.” Beneath each field, you’ll see the text, “This can be seen by” and an “Edit” button. Click the “Edit” button to change who can see that information about you.
Watching the show
How do I watch The Kim Komando Show when it’s live?
Pro members can watch The Kim Komando Show live directly within the Komando Community. To start viewing, visit the “Watch” page or click here. When the show is airing, it will appear in real-time on that page. If you can’t watch the live broadcast, stream The Kim Komando Show replay on the same webpage the following Saturday, starting at 7:00 a.m. Arizona time.
How can I watch The Kim Komando Show using a streaming player?
You can stream The Kim Komando Show to streaming players like Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast or your Xbox One in one of two ways:
- Cast it to your TV with Chromecast or Apple Airplay. To get started, log in to your Komando Community account on your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone and visit the “Watch” page. If you have video-casting enabled and a compatible TV, an icon will appear in the bottom right of the video player. Click or tap it to select your TV – and “cast” away! Note: Both the device you’re watching the video on and your TV need to be on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Stream it to your TV with an HDMI cord. Log in to your Komando Community account on your computer or laptop, and visit the “Watch” page. Connect an HDMI cord to the HDMI output port of your device and to the HDMI input port on your TV to begin streaming directly.
I’m having trouble watching the show (or other videos). Is it my web browser?
If you’re having trouble watching the show, it could be an issue with your Flash player. Some web browsers block Flash by default, but fixing this issue is easy.
Windows users (Google Chrome web browser)
- In your Google Chrome address bar, click the lock symbol to the left of the “community.komando.com” URL.
- From the dropdown that appears, tap “Settings.” Locate “Flash” and select “Allow.”
- Reload the “Watch” page for the changes to take effect.
Mac users (Apple Safari web browser)
To allow Flash on Safari, you’ll need to turn on plugins for Komando Community. When you turn on a plugin, it remains active for as long as you regularly use that plugin on any website. To enable your plugins, follow the steps below:
- If you see a placeholder where the live-stream video should appear, click the placeholder to learn more.
- If the plugin is installed, Safari will ask whether to use the plugin once or every time you visit the website. Select “Use every time.”
- Safari might also ask whether you want to trust the website to use the plugin. Choose “Trust” to enable.
If you continue to experience difficulties, please email the Kim Komando customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I download Kim’s videos?
No – the videos are available for online streaming only. Komando Community members, however, can download the podcasts, or audio versions of the show, in an MP3 format. See the next section for instructions.
Listening to the show
What is a podcast?
A podcast is an audio file that you can stream or download from the internet and listen to on a variety of devices. We release a podcast version of Kim’s weekly radio show exclusively for Komando Community members every Sunday at 7:00 p.m. Pacific time.
Not a member? Join now to start listening to the show.
How do I hear the most recent podcast?
Tune in from the Komando Community
Once you’ve logged in to the Komando Community, click “Listen” to the left, and the three most recent airings will be at the top of the page.
Subscribe on your podcast app
Kim’s show podcasts are available for podcast apps that support adding feeds manually. On iOS, this includes Apple Podcasts, Overcast and Downcast. On Android, check out Podcast Addict, Beyond Pod or Podcast Republic.
To stream The Kim Komando Show podcast from your app, find the option within your app to “Add feed” or “Add URL.” The feed URL for The Kim Komando Show is below:
Enter this URL, then enter your Komando Community username or associated email address, along with your password, when prompted.
For more information about listening to Kim’s podcasts on third-party or external apps, visit Komando.com/FAQs.
Download to your computer
Podcasts of The Kim Komando Show are available in MP3 format. You can download them to your computer and play them with Windows Media Player or any other program that plays MP3 files.
I joined the Komando Community but didn’t get an email.
Check to make sure it’s not hiding in your “Spam” or “Junk” email folders. If it’s not there, call our customer service team at 1-800-KOMANDO (566-2636) or contact us here.
Another member is in copyright violation. How do I let you know?
We take copyright laws very seriously. If you believe someone has used your copyrighted materials without your permission, please contact us here.