6 replies, 3 voices Last updated by TeamKomando:John 3 years ago
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

George Reed
      @Georgie

How can I change the Voice to text provider on my Galaxy J7?

It used to be something else but suddenly changed to google. How do I get it back to what it was or something else?

TeamKomando:John
      Participant
      @264458

Hello George,

The voice dictation is baked into which keyboard you are using, you can click here to see how to set the default keyboard back to Samsung instead of G-Board.

Jonmichal Walker
      Participant
      @Jonmichal

That’s what I was also going to recommend, gboard is a good keyboard and Has a better speech to text dictation. Me and my Father both use gboard and it works amazing for us both.

George Reed
      @Georgie

Hi jonmical,

I’m still having a problem with this? Can you give me any more help?

Georgie

Participant
      @264458

Hello George,

Were you able to switch to Gboard keyboard?, Any of your previously installed keyboards should show up as an option when switching.

The last-ditch effort would be to backup all data on your phone then perform a factory reset.

George Reed
        @Georgie

Hi John,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have had no luck in getting the voice text changed and have just about given up.

I am unable to find either Samsung voice text or gboard keybord anywhere in the settings menu of my phone.

The person was at the TMobile store was no help and told me google voice was my only option.

Any chance you could give me a telephone coaching session? I would pay you for your time.

Georgie

Participant
      @264458

Hello George,

If you click here you will see a video tutorial on YouTube for changing your keyboard, it even shows you how to download and install different keyboards.

Keep in mind the voice dictation feature is bound to the keyboard being used, eg. Samsung keyboard, G-Board which is Google’s keyboard and uses google voice.

I believe you are trying to get your default Samsung keyboard and voice dictation working again.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be a Komando Community member to reply to this post. Sign up or log in.