1 voice, 0 replies
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

KimKomando
      Keymaster
      @KimKomando

Tammy from Plano, Texas wants her daughter to stay off the MacBook at night. She uses an app called Wi-Fi Blocker to cut off the device’s connection to the internet during a specific time period … but it’s inconsistent.

She talked to her internet provider about getting into the router, but that didn’t work. I told her I would do some homework to find a solution.

I found a helpful post in the Verizon forum. Tap or click here to find out how you can set time limits on your router.

I also asked our resident tech genius, John, for help. After looking at a picture of Tammy’s router, he advised her to use the admin URL and password to log into the router. He also pulled up the Verizon user manual and found a section on parental controls on page 117. Tap or click here to check out this section. Once she logs into the router, Tammy can follow the instructions on page 117 to configure parental controls.

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be a Komando Community member to reply to this post. Sign up or log in.