@ldkamb

Subject:
      Advanced System Care 16 keeps disappearing from desktop
      Larry Kamberg <lxxxx@frontier.com>
      Date:
      11/3/2022, 11:24 AM
      To:
      lxxxx@frontier.com

I have tried to submit this problem to IOBIT but they do not respond. Maybe one of you know what is going on. I can install the program with no issues, run it and it works just fine. There is an icon on my desktop and also the taskbar. It loads with a restart. The next day when I click on it there is a message that this icon has been moved or changed and do I want to delete it. I say yes and it is gone. So, I have to reinstall it. I even have the advanced-systemcare-setup.exe file on my desktop so I don’t have to hunt it down.

This is a fresh restart but before reinstalling. I have a screen shot of when I show All Programs from the start button but can’t attach it here.

Note that the only thing available is to Uninstall ASC all else is like a blank icon option.

I think it has something to do with Malwarebytes which I also have but do not want to delete.

Any ideas on what may be going on here would be appreciated.

TeamKomando:John
      Participant
      @264458

Hello Larry,

Are you running any other anti-malware or anti-spyware such as Spybot Search and Destroy? one could be removing your software. Tap or click here for an example.

Larry Kamberg
      Participant
      @ldkamb

Hello John,

Thank you for responding. While waiting for someone to help with this problem, I typed it into YouTube and the first video happened to have a suggested solution. Turns out to have been a Malwarebytes issue. When MB shows its findings, uncheck those with ASC and if you rerun MB it leaves ASC unaffected. Anyway, problem solved.

Larry

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be a Komando Community member to reply to this post. Sign up or log in.