3 replies, 2 voices Last updated by J.C. Hall 1 years, 4 months ago
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

alimagoo
      @alimagoo

Hi. Thankfully, I am not full of spam e mails. But in the last month I have been receiving e mails purportedly from McAfee, which have been fraught with typos and red flags and phone numbers to call. I clicked on the from address and it was a person’s name at gmail. It was really ridiculous. I phoned McAffee and asked if they have an e mail address to which I could forward this, ex:phishing@McAffee.com. The customer service man said they had no phishing reporting methods and that they could do nothing about it.
      Isn’t there a government e mail address where I could forward this spamphishing e mail to?
      I would love to see 12 law enforcement officers come to his home and s are the pants off him. Oh I forgot. The police have been defunded. My bad.
      Sorry for digressing.
      Many thanks

Asking for forwarding address to send phishing e mails to.
      Ali

J.C. Hall
      Participant
      @arizona480

Most likely the personal Gmail address is hacked or at least spoofed so the spam could be sent out. Your email address has been sold on the dark web, so you will have a lot of spammers to scare off.

alimagoo
      @alimagoo

Well,I went to ‘haveibeenpwnd and nothing showed up in terms of breaches. And I have not and hope I will not get dozens of spam e mails. I change my password regularly as well. I want to do everything I can. And just want to scare the pants off whoever is responsible. Apparently no way although I read some headlines somewhere on Kim’s newsletters that someone got back at scam calls and scam caller. Can’t remember the gist of the article. They really took the perpetrators to the cleaners so to speak. They deserve more to be in jail but that is another story.
      A

J.C. Hall
      Participant
      @arizona480

There’s a guy on youtube that scams the scammers.

If the email address is clean as far as security breaches on the web, if you use the same email address for correspondence with family and friends (not a good idea), one of them probably had a data breach and it hasn’t shown up on the one of the lists yet.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be a Komando Community member to reply to this post. Sign up or log in.