3 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Marlene Grayson 4 weeks ago
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

Brigitte Cerwick
      @Bjoe11ec

At one point, Facebook forced me into two factor authentication which I selected: Microsoft Authenticator. Last August I got a new iPhone and did the side by side copy. Unfortunately, Facebook stopped being able to authenticate. The Microsoft “Key” did not migrate and therefore I am no longer able to access my 20 year old Facebook account. Trust me, I have tried everything. For some reason it won’t give me a phone option even to authenticate.

I have submitted a request to unlock the account twice along with my driver’s license and no response. I even work in digital marketing and tried to go through our advertising rep and they were useless.

I have likely made it worse because I tried to change the email address and if you search me in Google there is only the new account.

I have never been so frustrated that I can get into my bank account, but not my social media account.

PS. Meanwhile, Facebook keeps sending me email notifications of how many alerts/messages I have missed and should log in to see what is going on.

I would pay someone good money to help me find a solution.

Begging,
      Brigitte

Marlene Grayson
      Participant
      @MEGrayson

I recently had the very same problem with Amazon, it was a hassle from hell, I ended up writing to the president of Amazon, got his attention he set up a time with a rep to take my call, after answering many questions about my account they let me back in with my new phone number. I swear it is like breaking into fort knox!
      Very frustrating!

Margaret Thornby
        Participant
        @TEXPEG

I have the same problem except I think I chose Google Authenticator. When I go to that I see the ever changing codes but none of them work.
        When told to use a different device and check notifications there are no notifications.
        I can really use help too.

Marlene Grayson
      Participant
      @MEGrayson

My daughter lost her FB account too, my son and I were able to see it so we copied all of her photos and files and sent them to her to start over, she was devastated as she had a ton of her touring photos on there, why she did not back them up was beyond us…I recommend backing up everything you don’t want to lose, do it regularly.
      Marlene

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be a Komando Community member to reply to this post. Sign up or log in.