Lisa from Montgomery, Alabama is moving to a new home as she prepares for a divorce. Her husband set up all the tech in their shared home. Now, she’s not sure where to start in her new place. She knows she needs to set up the internet and look up modems and routers, but she reached out for some extra help.
As a preview, here are a few things you’ll want to take care of:
1. Change every single password!
2. Look at your security questions. Would your ex know the answers? If so, don’t be afraid to make up new answers. (Just make sure you remember them!)
3. Check your bills. Are you sharing anything? For example, you probably don’t want to pay for their Netflix.
4. Take stock of your smart devices. Is your ex connected to any of them? Could they remotely open your garage door, for example? If so, change the security settings.
5. Go through social media and cut out anything painful. Luckily, you can hide people on Facebook through the Memories setting.
6. Don’t forget to change device passcodes, too. That includes your smartphone passwords, for example.
If you have a minute, I made a short podcast about the most expensive divorce in history. Give it a listen!
Viewing 0 reply threads
You must be a Komando Community member to reply to this post. Sign up or log in.
Want to join the conversation?
New posts can be created by Komando Community members.