2 replies, 2 voices Last updated by J.C. Hall 2 years, 4 months ago
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

J.C. Hall
      Participant
      @arizona480

MS did a major update of MSO365 which of course takes up more valuable screen real estate. They sucked the colors outta the apps by default, you have to go into Options and choose colorful for the theme to get back those usual app colors we have had for over a decade.

The “Auto Save” toggle switch seems to be mandatory on the upper left of the applications, unlike when it’s a member of the Quick Access Toolbar, it looks like you cannot remove it. I never want to use it because if the Office app crashes after some sort of action, the file will be corrupt. I also put my Quick Access Toolbar above the ribbon, so that real estate is prime in that area. Is there any way to get rid of it? It appears at least in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.

TeamKomando:John
      Participant
      @264458

Hello J.C. Hall,

To remove the quick access toolbar follow the steps outlined below:

Click on the Quick Access Toolbar drop-down menu arrow, and select the checked command to uncheck and remove it. Alternatively, right-click on a previously added command on the Quick Access Toolbar, and click on “Remove from Quick Access Toolbar

J.C. Hall
      Participant
      @arizona480

Thanks John, with the latest software update, the Auto-Save command seems to be permanent, you can add a second one on the quick access toolbar, I think I’m stuck with it which isn’t bad on a large screen, but total waste of space on a laptop.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be a Komando Community member to reply to this post. Sign up or log in.