3 replies, 2 voices Last updated by TeamKomando:John 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

warndbqe
      Participant
      @warndbqe

After update to 17 I could not print (Epson 4550) from my iPhone 13 Pro but could print from my iPad. My wife could print from her iPhone 13 PRO but not from her iPad. After contact with Norton and rebooting etc no solution. Looking at settings on devices I turned off Personal VPN on all devices but left VPN status on. Printing now from all devices but have to reboot printer first to print from my phone. Why do I have to turn off Personal VPN? Why was Personal VPN blocking communication with the printer? There were no issues before iOS 17 update series.

TeamKomando:John
      Participant
      @264458

Hello warndbqe,

Have you updated the firmware on the printer?

Tap or click here to see how to do it from an Apple or Windows workstation.

warndbqe
        Participant
        @warndbqe

Thank you for the reply. The printer firmware was current at the time. Checking the printer for updates was the suggestion from Apple.
        Can you explain the difference between VPN status (Norton Mobile Security) will connect on demand which is turned on and Private VPN which is now turned off?
        Thank you for you assistance.

TeamKomando:John
      Participant
      @264458

They are just two different VPN services, one is from Apple the other is from Norton.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be a Komando Community member to reply to this post. Sign up or log in.