The best way to archive your photos somewhere other than Facebook would to to download an archive copy and then store them on an external hard drive your a cloud backup solution such as iDrive.
To download a copy of your Facebook data:
1. Click in the top right of Facebook.
2. Select Settings & Privacy, then click Settings.
3. In the left column, click Your Facebook Information.
4. Next to Download Your Information, click View.
5. To add or remove categories of data from your request, click the boxes on the right side of Facebook.
6. Select other options, including:
The format of your download request.
The quality of photos, videos and other media.
A specific date range of information. If you don’t select a date range, you’ll request all the information for
the categories you’ve selected.
7. Click Create File to confirm the download request.
After you’ve made a download request, it will appear as Pending in the Available Copies section of the
Download Your Information tool. It may take several days for us to finish preparing your download request.
Once we’ve finished preparing your download request, we’ll send a notification letting you know it’s ready.
To download a copy of data you requested:
1. Go to the Available Copies section of the Download Your Information tool.
2. Click Download and enter your password.