Dale Barnes
Participant
@barnesw

Hi, John,

The wireless device is Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265.

I ran the file check and disk scan, which I should have thought to do already. It appears from the log the file check found quite a few issues. Maybe that fixed the problem.

I have since found a couple instances of others requesting support for this same issue. One thing that had been difficult for them to get across those responding to the support request is, although the Windows settings GUI indicates there are no wireless devices, the wireless devices continue to function, and the airplane mode will still turn the wireless devices off an on. The legacy WIFI status GUI still shows the connection as active. One thing I have noted, and was noted by one of the other users having an issue, is it seems to only occur when coming out of sleep mode. Another thing I noticed this morning is I am also losing access to Bluetooth in settings when the problem occurs.

Thank you for your assistance. I will make a note to make a post sometime in the next week or so to let you know whether the problem occurs again after running the file and disk checks.