Harvey Kemp
Participant
@hrkrev

We bought it for our church office through the suggestion of one of the engineers in our church in 1988. It came from a shop where they put it together, added about 64 Mgs of Ram, and attached a name plate (literally, just one they had in a drawer), and gave us a color monitor. It ran on Microsoft DOS (no number, just MS DOS), which was quite an advancement in those days. It had two floppy drivers and a small hard drive. One of our church members gave us Q&A, which we used as a word processor, although it had a spread-sheet capability. That church member also gave us an early version of Aldus (not yet Adobe) PageMaker with a tutorial that I used to teach myself PageMaker.

I do remember that we could get additional applications (including games) by going to a store where they had floppy disks where you could literally pick up a new, as we called them back then, “program.” I made friends with some of the neighborhood kids who got the word around that our church was the place come and play games on the computer after school.