Hello Nancy Cook,

I think your best bet is to visit Second-hand stores or Good Will to first locate a VHS player, Mini DV recorder & a HI-8 Compatible recorder. I’ve seen them often with all the wiring to power and transmit video.

Second you will need something to record the video to as you play your tapes back on these camcorders, tap or click here to see what I recommend for recording to a Thumb drive or even an SD card.