I have quite a few old phones that I have kept because they all have photos on them that aren’t saved anywhere else. Some of the phones are quite old. They range from flip phones to Androids to older iPhones.
Is there a way to get all of the pictures off of the phones, and if so, what is the best or easiest way?
Android: Moving files with a USB cable
1. Unlock your phone.
2. With a USB cable, connect your phone to your computer.
3. On your phone, tap the “Charging this device via USB” notification.
4. Under “Use USB for,” select File Transfer.
5. A file transfer window will open on your computer.
6. Copy and paste the media you would like to copy.
iPhone: Transfer photos using a USB cable
1. Connect your iPhone to a PC with a USB cable that can transfer files.
2. Turn your phone on and unlock it. Your PC can’t find the device if the device is locked.
3. On your PC, select the Start button and then select Photos to open the Photos app.
4. Select Import > From a USB device, then follow the instructions. You can pick the items you want to import and 5. select where to save them. Allow a few moments for detection and transfer.