KimKomando
Keymaster
@KimKomando

Hi Bill,

If you have the My CenturyLink app installed on your phone, this is the simplest way to change your WiFi password. In the app, go to the My Products page and select Change My WiFi Password near the bottom of the screen. Then just follow the instructions in the app!

If that does not work for you, take these steps.

One thing to know first. On the list below, you can simply log in to the Wireless Security menu and choose “Use Default.” This will change it back to the original one printed on the sticker on the side or bottom of your modem/router.

1. Connect a device, such as a computer or tablet, to the internet through WiFi or using an Ethernet cable connected to your modem.

2. Open a web browser and type http://192.168.0.1 into the web address field.

3. Log in to your modem’s online settings interface (Modem GUI) using your Administrator Username and Administrator Password. Unless you have changed the default settings, you can find this information on the modem’s sticker. Note that these are different from your wireless SSID and security key.

4. Select “Wireless Setup.”

5. If given a choice in the left sidebar, select “2.4 GHz” or “5 GHz.” Don’t worry if you don’t see this option, as only some models have it.

6. Select “Wireless Security.”

7. Select the name of your wireless network (SSID). You can find the SSID printed on the modem’s sticker.

8. Your Security Type is printed on the modem’s sticker.
The Encryption Type should be set to “Both.”
If prompted to give the Authentication Type, choose “Open.”

9. To change your password, select “Use Custom Security Key/Passphrase” and type your new password into the box.

Hope this helps you out, Bill.
Kim