dfhjr
Participant
@dfhjr

Brennan,

I believe the spelling is eero, and the eero appears to have a good reputation. I believe Kim currently recommends it. When I replace my existing router, the eero will be on my list of manufacturers to compare.

You will not be over-selecting by picking a 1500 sq ft WiFi router to cover 1200 sq ft. The sizes are plenty close. From what I’ve read, eero does mesh technology which is the latest WiFi whizz-bang. If you move to a bigger place and need to cover a larger WiFi footprint, adding another eero or two will allow you to easily cover the additional square footage.

I have previously owned Linksys and currently own an Asus router, and like both brands. In my opinion, Linksys transceivers tend to be susceptible to nearby lightning strikes. I’ve had two or three start to malfunction shortly after a healthy thunderstorm passed over. The Asus is better and offers more bells and whistles than the Linksys. The Asus is a bit more complex to configure.

Whatever you do, when you install your new WiFi router, change its SSID and password from the factory defaults. Kim may have some other configuration recommendations on her website. Finally, set a monthly reminder to check for new router firmware, and install the update.

Good luck and enjoy your new router.

Take care, stay well,
don