3 replies, 3 voices Last updated by waterskier 3 years, 7 months ago
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

waterskier
      Participant
      @waterskier

Kim raved about this printer and she is correct. I’ve used it without issue on many wireless laptops and smart phones in the house.

I have a desktop windows 10 machine hooked up to a netgear switch via a wired ethernet connection in the basement. We also have eero as the wifi in our house.

My cable modem is connected to the 16 port net gear ethernet switch. The Eero is also connected to one of the ethernet ports, ditto for my desktop.

When I go to add a printer to the windows ten desktop computer, it does not find the wireless Epson. Do I need to plug the Epson printer into my Netgear switch with an ethernet cord to have it discovered by my windows computer? Or is there a way for the desktop to “find” the wireless printer.

Respectfully,

Lloyd
      Green Bay

Ken Mac
      Participant
      @Mac

Lloyd,
      Not certain about the wireless discovery. I have the ET-4750 and I use it as a network printer. I have an Ethernet cable going from the printer into the back of the modem. Also, I have had it setup where the Ethernet cable goes from the ET-4750 to the router.
      Hope this helps,
      Ken

TeamKomando:John
      Participant
      @264458

Hello waterskier,

I want to confirm that they are in fact Netgear switches and not routers along with the count of switches. Along with where is your Wireless signal coming from, the cable modem / router combo?

Are you using Windows to detect and install or are you using the Driver downloaded from Epson’s website.

waterskier
      Participant
      @waterskier

Everything Works! Thank you.

dfhjr
      Participant
      @dfhjr

Did your ET-3760 replace a previous printer, is added in addition to existing printers (wired / wireless), or is it a new printer on your network? If the printer is new, the PC may not be able to see it. Open a Windows Command prompt and try to ping (ping XXX where XXX is the printer’s IP address, such as “ping 192.168.42.222”) the printer’s IP address which is available in the ET-3760 WiFi Network Status or your router’s client list. If the ping fails, access to your printer from your PC is failing. The cause could be firewall (PC and / or router) or a router related issue. If the ping works, there may be a firewall issue.

Have you run the ET-3760 Windows support software on your PC? (https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/ET-Series/Epson-ET-3760/s/SPT_C11CG20203 ) Running the support software may help resolve your connection issues.

Can you from your PC access other wired / wireless devices running through the eero (printers, lights, thermostats, etc.)? The eero may be viewing your PC as an external device and be blocking its access. Are the IP addresses of the PC and the ET-3760 the same except for the last number? (Such as 192.168.1.111 and 192.168.1.211) If the eero has wired ports, can you connect your PC to one of the wired ports? Does that make a difference?

There are many variables running around, but the answers to the above may help steer you in the right direction.

I use an ET-3760 wirelessly on my home network, accessing it from my wired desktop and a number of wireless laptops, tablets and smart phones. The difference in my case is all devices are within my router’s subnets.

Good luck,
      don

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be a Komando Community member to reply to this post. Sign up or log in.